Color scheme for kitchens
The kitchen color schemes you choose depend on the style of your kitchen. Is it going to be just a kitchen or kitchen with dining area too, traditional with simple look painting or modern kitchen with a sleek finish or a country kitchen? Also the finish of the cabinets and counter tops plays a part in the choice of the color schemes as different colors look different on various textures of wood.
Color Scheme for kitchens Choice
- If you want a uniform look in your kitchen, color the kitchen walls with the same color that suit the cabinets, this will have a blend in look. If the kitchen is smaller, this would make it look much bigger, go for lighter shades.
- If you wish for a slight contrast and yet keep the kitchen simpler and homogenous, painting the walls with a faintly darker shade than the cabinets will do the trick. If the kitchen cabinets are an off white, painting the walls with a soft pale yellow would be a good combo. This not only makes the kitchen cheerful since yellow is positive and cheery color, also blends well with off white keeping it simple.
- For a more decorative and bold kitchen, a striking contrast can be used. If the kitchen units are of a wooden brown, a brighter yellow or green with proper lighting may be used to highlight.
- Keeping the wall units lighter, you may well use bold colors on the walls and have your dining table and chairs the same color as the walls. This will create a color balance in the kitchen.
- Using tiles with interesting colors is another alternative for the kitchen. Plain tiles on the walls and on the work space with contrast colored tiles here and there adds attention.
- Since colors look different in different lighting, choose the right lighting system to enhance the colors chosen.
- Using hand painted tiles adds a personal touch to your kitchen.
- Shades like lemon and yellow-colored are heated colors that are more dynamic and motivate starvation, thus making them perfect options for your kitchen area.Avoid cooler colors as they are more soothing and calming which are more of bedroom colors.
- To highlight your dinner set display ceiling, pick and choose one color, and then make use of a darker shade of it on the display and a lighter hue of it on the ceiling. The consequence will help add improve detail and develop a main point for your kitchen.
- If your kitchen is quite long and you want to add an element and character to it without actually overdoing it, paint the corner walls bright and the walls on the either side with its lighter shades or a lighter contrast color scheme for balance.
- If you are bored with the color schemes, its a hint for you to change them. Add attention-grabbing textures to your wall colors to make them appealing and look special and unusually interesting.
- Again, go with the colors schemes that you prefer and like than going by what you see. If you a person, who likes a toned down feel, go for monochromatic colors with its different shades and if you rather favor contrast and bold themes, go for bright warm color schemes for your kitchen.
Crafts as Home Accessories Color scheme for kitchens
When it comes to decorating a home, nothing is easier if you have a ready list of accessories you will need. This is very important so it will be easier for you to organize things inside the home once you start decorating. Since ready-made home accessories can be expensive, making your own can be cost effective.
When it comes to home crafts, the best way to get started is to having enough time and dedication in finishing what you have started. Of course, skills will be an advantage because it will make lesser room for mistakes. But it doesnt mean that those who dont have enough knowledge on home crafts couldnt engage into it. All they need is to conduct research on the basics using the Internet, start simple and have fun.
The most common home craft that can be used as a home accessory are pillows. In living rooms and bedrooms, pillows indeed take a great part in the overall look of the house. This is because pillows soften empty corners of the bed as well of the chairs and sofas. In making pillows, all you need is basic sewing and you could come up with different kinds of pillows including solid pillows, striped pillows, patterned pillows, floral pillows, floor pillows, rectangular pillows, and outdoor pillows depending on your preference, taste and needs.
Candles are another easy home craft that you can use as home accessory because they give soft and cozy feel in the house once used for their purpose. Knowledge on candle-making or soap making is a must to be successful in it. If you have more time, you can come up with matching candle holders and candle coasters.
You can come up with simple wall decors. Wall decors play an important role in making the house livelier because they fill empty walls and make them more pleasant to the eye. Depending on your preference and interest, you can come up with framed or custom art, metal, or native ones.
Baskets can be another craft that could be used as wonderful home decor. Although these might seem minor, baskets are great accessories at home because these serve as organizers. Since they hold almost everything and keep them in place, baskets of any kind should be present in any home. For you to come up with baskets, you need to practice weaving different materials depending on the theme of your home. The easiest materials to be used could include bamboo or paper.